Scalo Professional Roofing Training Program
Developed in partnership with Burns+Scalo, this training program introduces candidates to the basics of roofing and solar installation. The course begins with basic safety, equipment and hand tools. Students also learn the roofing process, including insulation, underlayment and roofing systems, waterproofing and green concepts. Core soft skills are also introduced, with the aim of making participants ready for job placement immediately upon successful course completion. This course includes OSHA-10 training and safety certification.
Eligibility requirements. Candidates must be:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Willing to participate in an educational assessment to benchmark basic reading & math levels; minimum of 8th grade needed.
- Reveal and receive a background check.
- Be legally eligible for employment in the USA without sponsorship needed;
- Be able to drug test clean pre-training, pre-hire, and during employment regularly
- Be physically able to perform the essential training & job functions of a field position with or without reasonable accommodations, such as:
- ability to life 50lbs regularly and 100lbs as needed, often bulky items;
- ability to stand/walk, pull, bend over and work on knees consistently;
- ability to work at heights and use ladders;
- physically able and willing to tolerate work outdoors at varying temperatures; and
- willing to wear and maintain appropriate safety equipment as required for training/job.
- Preference Only: Possess a valid driver’s license and/or have access to reliable transportation and be available to travel for training and work after training concludes, which may include job sites not on a bus line.